30 July 2015

Book Notes: My List for the Year


In a lot of ways, my "new year" begins in August since our family is anchored to the international school system. So now that July is winding down, I'm getting ready some resolutions. One of those is a book list of what I'd like to read in the next academic year.


Nonfiction

One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
Without You, There Is No Us by Suki Kim
Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup
Between Worlds: Essays on Culture and Belonging by Marilyn Gardner
The Birth of Korean Cool by Euny Hong
The Mortification of Sin by John Owen
As Soon As I Fell by Kay Bruner
John Adams by David McCullough
Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot
Vanishing Grace by Philip Yancey

Fiction

East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Go Down, Moses by William Faulkner
The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

If you've read any of these, I'd love to hear your opinion--but maybe after I'm finished.  ^.^

Read on and 
Abide in Him,






Did you read a good book this summer? Do you have a list of what you'd like to read over the next school year?

{You're welcome to follow my reading adventures on Goodreads. I recently put up a number of reviews from my summer reading. Of the books I read in the past two months, my favorite was North of Hope by Shannon Polson.} 

Related articles you may also appreciate:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Comments awaiting moderation may not appear for several hours or--if the kids and I fall asleep at the same time--at least a day. Thank you for your patience and please do not feel deterred; your feedback and insight are most welcomed!