08 April 2014

Some Things Aren't Cultural

Have you ever been completely amazed at someone's kindness and thought, "Wow, this culture is awesome!"? Then again, have you ever been totally disgusted by someone's rudeness and thought, "Yikes, this culture is rotten!"?

You know, not all things are cultural. Sometimes, people are just people.

I'm over at Djibouti Jones today talking about how "People Are People Everywhere." Come read my article there and stay to browse around a while. Rachel Pieh Jones is one of my favorite writers, and I'm sure you'll find her work encouraging, insightful, and -- brave. I do like how she can tell it like it is. See you there.

Click here to read the article "People Are People Everywhere" at Djibouti Jones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Comments awaiting moderation may not appear for several hours or--if the kids and I fall asleep at the same time--at least a day. Thank you for your patience and please do not feel deterred; your feedback and insight are most welcomed!